WELCOME TO REDHILL ROAD RUNNERS
CLUB RE-START SEE BELOW UPDATE
Redhill Leisure Centre, Redhill, Arnold, Nottingham, UK. Based in Arnold, Nottingham, we are a friendly, sociable, and successful running club consisting of adults all ages and abilities. Under normal circumstances, we meet in the Young People’s Centre at Redhill Leisure Centre every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 6.00-6.15pm. We regularly complete on the road & in cross country events & have very good senior men's, ladies and vet teams.
Unfortunately most organised group races have been cancelled since March 2020 due to Covid-19. Redhill Road Runners have organised their own virtual competitions for club members, and many international competitions have become accessible to a non-travelling population. However, many events, including regional championships such as the Summer League and most County Championships, have had to be suspended for 2020. We look forward to more racing opportunities in 2021, when we hope that group races might be reintroduced, and successful and exciting new formats continue.
GET IN TOUCH
CLUB UPDATE 27/08/20
Some Good News
As of Wednesday 2nd September 2020, we will have re-started club meets, one day a week for the time being (Wednesdays). There are a few rules (see below) you will need to follow to run with the club. We do not have access to the Young People’s Centre or Redhill LC facilities at this time, but may use the car park to meet for club training when it is open.
Returning to training with Redhill Road Runners
Meeting Venue: Redhill Leisure Centre Car Park (Please do go anywhere near the leisure centre main doors)
Meeting Time: Meet: 6pm onwards to run for 6.10/6.15pm (staggered starts)
Club Training Nights: Every Wednesday (No Mondays for now)
Before turning up:
• Please don’t attend training if you are feeling unwell or displaying the any symptoms of COVID 19: persistent cough, high temperature, loss of taste or smell.
• Please do not attend training if you know you have come into contact with someone who has COVID-19
• Please cme changed for running as there will be no changing facilities (we are unable to use Redhill LC facilities at this time)
• There will also be no storage for car keys, bags etc.
Meeting for training:
• Please do not arrive too early for training – we need to minimise the amount of time we are congregating as a group.
• A register must be taken before all training sessions. If you are a member, you must give your full name to your run leader. If you are not a member, you must give your name and contact details to your run leader.
• Please keep to 2m social distancing before training starts. Try to avoid direct face-to-face conversation with others.
• Always follow venue guidance and hygiene procedures
• Face mask / face covering are not compulsory as we are outside, but we will leave it up to people's individual choice if you what to wear one or not before and after training.
• All runners must run with a group leader or coach when attending the club
• Please keep at least 1m distance between athletes whilst running.
• On leaving the club/venue groups may have staggered starts to allow social distancing from other groups on the trials going into Bestwood Country Park.
• During recovery periods, please try to keep at least 2m distance from others, and avoid face-to-face conversation.
• Clothing that is removed for training should be put down separately from any other items.
Please also be considerate to other park, path and road users.
• Please keep at least 2m distancing after training, and try to avoid face-to-face conversation with others whilst stretching.
• Please leave as soon as possible.
Feeling unwell after attending training:
•If you feel unwell after attending a training session, or are diagnosed with COVID-19, please contact the COVID-19 Coordinator: Leigh Stubbs on 07813 439805, with the date and time of any training sessions you have attended in the previous three weeks and name of your group leader.
We look forward to seeing you all soon,
Redhill RR Committee